When a planned event or unexpected incident occurs on farm – good or bad – our consumers and community expect to hear from the dairy owner and managers. This request often comes on short notice with a tight interview deadline. Join the Professional Dairy Producers (PDPW) Dairy’s Visible Voice – leadership development through effective communication, for media training to properly prepare, practice and position a dairy farm for success when working with the media.
The media training workshop will be presented on-farm from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., repeating in two locations:
- Dec. 13: Pagels Ponderosa Dairy,N4893 County Rd. C, Kewaunee, Wis.
- Dec. 14: Boon Farms,N6634 State Hwy 73, Greenwood, Wis.
Exclusive to dairy farmers and held on farm, the media training will focus on providing skills and techniques needed to handle the media with confidence and composure.
Led by seasoned corporate brand and communication expert, Linda Wenck, principal at Morgan Myers, dairy farmers will receive a 360-degree perspective to increase one’s understanding of the media, develop effective farm-specific key messages, and improve confidence when interacting with print, broadcast and digital media.
Dairy farmers will walk away with the ability to:
- Enhance the public’s knowledge and understanding of the dairy industry
- Build credibility for their dairy
- Reach their target audience with proven and tested key industry and personalized messages
- Provide credibility for third-party endorsements.
Upon completion of this certified training and following invaluable on-camera practice time, farmers will be trained to lead as a source of authentic information and a trusted resource to reporters and editors.